negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: IT & computing
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 08-NOV-18
- Job Reference: 146157
- Job Title: 18/564 Content Designer
- Business Unit:
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Government Information Services
Branch: Service and System Transformation
Salary: $65,776 – $88,991
Content Designer role
- Are you an online content specialist interested in new and emerging technologies such as Voice and Artificial Intelligence?
- Do you love the challenges of designing content for online environments and have a strong background in writing for the web?
- Do you have a passion for plain language and creating useful, accessible content?
- Would you like to join a team committed to helping make government information and services easier to find and use?
We need you. We are looking for someone who can talk to users, subject matter experts, work with our researchers and transform complex government information into useable content that helps people get the information they need.
We work in an agile/Kanban environment and need people who can size work and be clear around delivery timeframes.
Government Information Services has an All-of-Government focus. We:
- deliver trusted government information, data and open digital engagement to improve the public s digital experience with Government.
- provide best practice digital products like Govt.nz, Digital.govt and Data.govt
- work with government agencies and industry to help them raise the quality and standards of government s digital delivery.
To be successful in this role you will need experience in:
- writing high quality plain language content
- creating content that meets Web Accessibility and Usability Standards
- taking a user-centred approach to designing, creating and testing content
- using user research, evidence and best practice to develop an understanding of user needs
- creating and managing website information architecture and taxonomies
- managing relationships across agencies, and
- Working in a delivery focussed environment.
It would be great if you also had an understanding of:
- UX design and service design practices
- digital trends and best practise digital content design, and
- HTML in order to diagnose current presentation or functional gaps.
If you want to join a team of smart, committed people who do incredibly interesting and important work for New Zealand – then get in touch.
Applications close: 6pm, Wednesday 21 November 2018
For more information please contact: Jan Clark on 027 839 1038 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.