Hours: Full time
Business Group: Policy
Branch: Policy, Regulation and Communities
The Department of Internal Affairs Policy Group is going through an exciting period of growth.
We are looking for Principal Analysts that want to be at the leading edge of some of New Zealand s critical policy work. The Department works across multiple fast-moving Ministerial portfolios. We lead across government on digital services, countering violent extremist content, local government, media classification, gambling and more.
You will bring intellectual expertise, deep experience and energy to these priorities, making a real difference for New Zealanders.
DIA offers a family-friendly, flexible, modern work environment. You will be supported, developed and your wellbeing will be at the heart of how you are managed.
As a Principal Policy Analyst you will provide:
You will have:
– strong analytical skills and the ability to produce clear, effective advice to senior decision makers
– managing policy projects or parts of larger projects,
– experience working with Ministers and with Parliament
– ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders;
– the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressur
– coaching and developing staff
– commitment to quality and continuous improvement
This is a great opportunity to join a leading policy group where your efforts will be recognised, and your professional development planned and supported.
If you re passionate about producing high quality work, self-motivated and keen to work in a supportive, engaging and committed team, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 6 November 2019
For more information please contact: Andrew Henderson, 027 235 8593, email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.