- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Community Services
- Location: Hawkes Bay
- Date Advertised: 27-FEB-20
- Job Reference: 150508
- Job Title: 20/086 Community Advisor
- Business Unit:
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Community Operations
Branch: Service Delivery & Operations
Salary: $67,210 – $90,931
At the Department of Internal Affairs, Service Delivery and Operations branch, we are the face of DIA.
This is a great opportunity for a highly self-motivated Community Advisor to join our high performing Napier team.
As a Community Advisor your key role is to engage with communities and stakeholders to provide information and advice and connect them with the resources they need, using a community led approach. Some travel is involved and a driver’s licence is essential.
Key to your success will be a proven ability to work alongside communities, hapu and iwi to enable them to become resilient and achieve their own aspirations. You will also have excellent data analysis capability and your customer service ethic will underpin all that you do.
You will have a professional attitude and be able to evidence:
- public service integrity
- strong communication skills – written and oral
- proven skills, knowledge and experience in providing advice that builds and empowers the communities, hapu, iwi, marae and voluntary organisations
- excellent relationship management and collaboration skills
- data analysis and analytical skills including the ability to interpret financial information
- experience in online grant management
- experience in assessing organisational performance and providing advice to community and voluntary organisations
- ability to plan, organise and manage work effectively to meet multiple deadlines
- ability to rapidly adapt in a changing environment.
You will also:
- bring a can do ‘Make it Easy – Make it Work’ attitude
- bring a ‘Stronger Together’ attitude. You recognise that teams work best when collaborating with each other, supporting each other, and when they back each other up
- bring a genuine desire to make a difference. You settle for nothing less than excellence and take pride in what you do
- have a reputation for getting things done. You’re a finisher
- have a sense of humour. We like to have fun
- have budget nous’. You can tell the story behind the numbers
- ‘hit the road running’, coming up to speed quickly with what needs to be done
Your background might include a combination of:
- Community-led development/Community Advisory/Community Practitioner experience
- Previous secretariat or funding administration experience in the Private or Public Sectors
- Other relevant experience
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we’re a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People’s sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 18 March 2020
For more information please contact: Janice Roxburgh-Gair on 027 493 1409 or at email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.