- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Defence, corrections & security
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 09-MAR-20
- Job Reference: 150582
- Job Title: 20/108 Senior Investigator
- Business Unit:
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Charities Services
Branch: Service Delivery & Operations
Salary: $77,850 – $105,327
Senior Investigator Charities Services Ngā Rātonga Kaupapa Atawhai
An Opportunity to make a difference – working with the New Zealand charitable sector
Kia ora koutou, talofa lava and warm greetings
In Charities Services we promote trust and confidence in charities, encourage good governance, support charities efficiency and effectiveness and require charities to comply with their obligations under the law. We register and monitor charities and build sector capability to comply with the law by providing guidance material, online and print resources.
As one of our two Senior Investigators, your key role would be to:
- lead more complex and the highest profile investigations
- provide technical expertise in the conduct of specialist, serious or complex investigations
- provide coaching and mentoring to investigators, and share knowledge and expertise, and provide quality assurance for investigations reports
- represent Charities Services in engagements with key sector stakeholders e.g. law enforcement and regulatory agencies
Along with your excellent interviewing skills (using the PEACE interviewing model), we need you to have:
- significant experience leading complex investigations in a regulatory or law enforcement environment
- a sound knowledge of the law as it relates to charities, legal process, investigation, prosecution and information management
- existing productive relationships and credibility with a raft of stakeholders, law enforcement agencies in particular
- successful experience providing training and on the job coaching to more junior colleagues
- advanced skills to develop and deliver clear and coherent reports
If you have this experience and expertise, come and join our team!
Charities Services is part of the Department of Internal Affairs Te Tari Taiwhenua. Further information is on our websites www.charities.govt.nz and www.dia.govt.nz.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we’re a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People’s sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 20 March 2020
For more information please contact: Dave Sayers, Investigations Manager Charities on 021 2177 403 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website www.dia.govt.nz.