- Monitor the entire security eco-system
- Strengthen the Ministry’s security culture
- Assist in a range of innovative programmes
- Influence across the organisation
The impact you will make
In this high energy and fast paced role, you will support the Senior Advisor Security to:
- Be the subject matter expert in all aspects of security
- Be responsible for monitoring the Ministry’s security eco-system
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of policies and strategies
- Work with Regional HSS Advisors and MSD managers to provide specialist advice.
- Assist in overseeing security compliance and education.
- Make recommendations to improve/enhance the Ministry’s security eco-system.
What you will bring to the role
You will support the Senior Advisor Security to bring ownership for designing, developing and implementing tools and frameworks, implementing measures, and assisting in the development of security programmes for all staff. There will be numerous opportunities for innovation and improvement, but your success will depend on your relationship-building skills and your ability to influence across MSD.
You will have credibility as a security practitioner, ideally with relevant tertiary qualifications (and/or equivalent experience) and have good organisational and project management skills.
What we offer
We offer a dedicated and collaborative team who work to support each other. We support flexible work options and the opportunity to grow your career. Basically, the benefits of working with us go beyond the norm so come and find out more.
About MSD The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is the lead agency for the social sector. MSD provides policy advice, and delivers social services and assistance to young people, working age people, older people, and families, whanau and communities. We work directly with New Zealanders of all ages to improve their social wellbeing.
About our Team We support the Ministry’s managers and staff to put health, safety and security at the heart of everything we do. We lead the development of HSS strategy and operational policy and do work that supports and strengthens the Ministry’s HSS culture.