- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 06-NOV-18
- Job Reference: NZ/1811009
- Job Title: Ammunition Supply Chain Manager
- Business Unit:
What you will do
In this role you will lead the Defence Munitions Management Groups’ end-to-end ammunition supply chain ensuring key business outputs are met, while achieving the necessary balance between effective Service(s) capability delivery, and resource efficiency.
You will be responsible for: inventory management and optimisation outputs; an analysis, advice and consolidation function with key NZDF customers and stakeholders; contract management; supply performance and relationship management; and complying with and developing sound supply chain policy, strategy and practices relating to ammunition inventory management
What we need
For this role we need a person with significant experience in inventory management, supply chain business practises and material management including provisioning and procurement systems. You will have a proven ability to develop and maintain a focus on continuous improvement to enhance operational performance with the end state always in mind.
Excellent relationship management is key in this role; you must be able to articulate your point of view concisely and with conviction while developing effective networks and working relationships with key stakeholders, customers, external organisations and agencies.
You will represent DMMG in Tri-Service and NZDF forums and be the primary point of contact for Defence Logistics Command Strategic Inventory Manager (SIM) in relation to NZDF munitions inventory matters. Uniquely in this role you will liaise with Defence Procurement Offices in Washington and London and liaise with other American, British, Canadian and
Australian (ABCA) Military logistics organisations.
This is a complex environment that requires a person able to understand and navigate through the different layers within the business. Strong financial management skills have given you a good understanding of management accounting and corporate finance including fiscal drivers and budgetary processes.
You will be joining a team of four, two of which are direct reports. The team are experienced with the ammunition commodity space. They are dedicated and focussed on achieving their outputs.
A qualification in supply chain management, business studies, operations management or analytical studies is desirable as is PRINCE2 Foundation.
Who we are
Defence Munitions Management Group (DMMG) is responsible for:
* The delivery of all depot level logistic functions associated with the safe procurement, introduction into service, inventory management, storage, maintenance, distribution and disposal of all NZDF ammunition, explosives and associated non-explosive stores in order that the NZDF can train, fight and win.
* Optimising the delivery of quality, timely and cost effective munitions to support NZDF’s capabilities, this includes: through life munitions management; compliance and governance; and technical advice.
* Providing appropriate advice and technical guidance for single service munitions policies and procedures in respect of ammunition technical training.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
This is a unique role not only in the commodity you will work with but also the international liaison which is an integral part of this position.
Check out the great benefits for you and your family when you join NZDF!
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to ‘Apply Online’, please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Bob Gillies on 09 4813402, quoting NZDF 1811009.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 18/11/2018.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
* most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last ten years, OR
* is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last ten years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.