TITLE: Applications Development Manager (ADM) New Zealand
LOCATION: Auckland, New Zealand
REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Manager, ANZ
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 18 Nov 2019
I. Purpose of Position
· To support the effective growth of business for channel partners in assigned region.
· Promote and support corporate initiatives, plans, policies, by example and through direct action.
II. Key Responsibilities
Core commercial responsibilities
· Develops annual business plans using input to identify and develops specific marketing tactics and commercial action plans to deliver annual growth objectives. Plans should include focus on the continued growth of the core business, new product launch plans, competitive response plans, new channel penetration plans, and demand creation plan.
· Translates Policy Deployment strategies and requirement into the Business plans for channel partners in assigned area
· Controls & analyze regional team data by measuring KPIs, transparent results and deliver sustaining forecasts; takes countermeasures where necessary
· Identifies new Distribution and/or Representation channels to address geographic and/or vertical markets coverage gaps
· Collects, analyzes and presents evidence in Problem Solving Review (PSR) meetings
· Trains, coaches and acts as a consultant of associates, customers and channel partners on water treatment process and application topics
· Supports the sales organization with pre-sales applications expertise and market intelligence
· Develops/maintains fact-based understanding of market pricing for UV products
· Advises clients, offices and representatives/distributors about all aspects of UV treatment applications in municipal and industrial markets
· Supports Distributors in achieving sales growth targets. Takes actions to bring about improvement and growth
· Regularly reviews performance of the Channel Partners/Distributors, sets direction and provides feedback on any performance shortfalls in a positive manner.
· Gets self/team committed using tools (Value Selling, PD, CRM, etc.)
· Be sensitive about costs, incurring expenses responsibly
· Acts according to Danaher Standards of Conduct and ensures front line staff of the Channel Partners act in the same way
Manage Customer Administration and Technical Support
· Manages customer support to effectively deal with customer orders and queries
· Ensures requests on pricing, shipping, product availability, terms and conditions, and stock information for channel partners are dealt with promptly
Provide good working environment for team of Channel Partners
· Help build an environment that encourages creativity, operates with honesty and fairness, and is open to new ideas, and encourages and solicits contribution of ideas.
· Support and assist Management in identifying where change will be beneficial to the company/department; promote, be supportive of, and help accomplish change.
· Promote concept of serving internal and external customers with quality service in a timely manner.
· Support learning; Be a mentor in the areas that you have strengths and create opportunities for learning to occur with others.
Provide good communication
· Provide high and open communication; to all Trojan customers and distributors and Trojan personnel in a timely manner.
· Communicate regularly and effectively corporate plans, initiatives and performance to local Channel Partners.
· Keep abreast of new technology and activities in industry.
· Keep abreast of industry Business Development trends.
· Maintains a high level of expertise in all areas of applications and associated products within functional group, i.e. municipal and industrial.
· Successfully demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Trojan business model, business systems, organization, and culture.
· Successfully demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Trojan business environment, including customers, competitors and markets.
· Demonstrates understanding of Trojan core competencies and key capabilities.
· Demonstrates understanding of Trojan Quality Policy and adherence to ISO standards.
This role reports to Regional Sales Manager, ANZ.
· Internal Relationships:
· Marketing Manager
· Regional Technical & Training Manager
· Project Manager
· Application Engineers
· Project Designers
· Project Managers
· External Relationships:
· Trojan Distributors
· Product End Users Engineers
· Manufacturers’ Reps
· Systems Integrators
IV. Measures of Performance
· Achievement of bookings, revenue, service and customer support goals by Channel Partners
· Successful management of distributors in New Zealand.
· Demonstration of behaviours in the Danaher Leadership Anchors.
V. Background and Skill Requirements
· B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering or relevant other qualification
· Minimum of 5 years Business Development/Sales experience in a scientific and capital instrument environment. Experience in municipal wastewater treatment is highly preferred.
· Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written
· Must be able to interact with others effectively and influence others positively
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and self-manage to achieve excellent results.
· Capability to travel within territory for significant portions of each fiscal year (approximating of 60% of the time).
· Experience using Safesforce.com or an equivalent tool to manage sales processes would be an advantage.
VI. Personal Trait Profile
· Must have excellent coaching, communication and continuous improvement skills along with a strategic outlook and desire to exceed objectives.
· Is process driven; uses Danaher Business System (DBS) tools to drive customer satisfaction.
· Is results focused and exhibits a bias for action.
· Has commercial acumen – is skilled at managing the entire commercial side of the business, including product development, inbound and outbound marketing, competitors, distribution, sales, pricing and customer relations.
VII. Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. The specific duties are subject to change from time to time, and additional duties may be assigned.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.