Assistant Research Fellow – Anatomy-2100856
DEPARTMENT OF ANATOMY
SCHOOL OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
The Department of Anatomy is one of the largest and longest-established departments at the University of Otago. Our staff research a range of exciting topics in Biomedical Sciences, including Clinical Anatomy, Biological Anthropology, Neuroscience and Reproduction, Genomics and Development. We also conduct research into Higher Education and Medical Education with our newly formed Anatomical Sciences Education Research Team (ASERT).
This is an opportunity to provide high-quality research assistance to Professor Helen Nicholson and Dr Kelby Smith-Han in an ongoing project exploring the experiences of health professionals across the world.
In the six months working on this project entitled “Impact of covid19 on the wellbeing and professional identity of health professionals” you will work with the research team to complete analysing interview transcripts and prepare the first drafts of publications.
Duties will include:
• Providing analysis of transcriptions.
• Producing the first drafts of publications arising from the project.
Your skills and experience
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in a Social Sciences discipline or equivalent experience.
• Previous experience with qualitative data analysis and writing for publication.
• A background in Medical or Higher Education research is preferred but not essential.
• Previous experience using the qualitative software programme ATLAS. It is preferred but not essential.
• A thorough, organised, and systematic approach to data analysis, with good time management and communication skills.
• Able to work well in a team environment, and with minimal supervision.
This is a part-time (0.5 FTE) fixed term position for six months. The ideal starting date would be 14 June 2021 or by mutual agreement.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Specific enquiries may be directed to Dr Kelby Smith-Han, Department of Anatomy, School of Biomedical Sciences, via the email address below.