negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: IT & computing
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 18-FEB-20
- Job Reference: 22463
- Job Title: Business Analyst- IT
- Business Unit:
Are you keen to showcase your skills as a talented IT Business Analyst?
- Interesting and varied role working across the Treasury and the DPMC
- An opportunity to make a real contribution and grow your career
- Be responsible for helping to deliver cutting edge IT/change projects
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government’s lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to be a world leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders. We provide corporate services to both ourselves and DPMC. Our Programme Management Office (PMO) ensures the delivery of real business benefits through facilitating ideas, concepts and the delivery of agreed projects aligned to key business priorities and strategic goals.
Our busy PMO has an opportunity for a highly motivated and driven IT Business Analyst (BA) to join our customer centric team. This is a fantastic opportunity to deepen your experience and showcase your skills. In this role you will work concurrently across several key IT projects including, business case development for new initiatives, infrastructure enhancements, application development work and IT system replacement projects.
- Interesting and varied role where you will work across several key IT/change projects
- Work with a range of project teams and stakeholders from a cohesive PMO
- Full breadth of BA responsibilities including requirements gathering, change impact analysis, process improvement, UAT coordination, RASCI development, training material development and end user adoption support
Demonstrated experience as an IT BA across the full project management lifecycle (not necessarily in the one project)
- Experience working in different project types including infrastructure upgrades and deployments, application customisations and website development projects
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to elicit, analyse, validate and document business requirements to support quality business outcomes
- Previous exposure working under tight project timeframes with an ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Passionate, team player with a natural ability to work collaboratively to ensure projects are delivered successfully
- A desire to learn and looking to grow your experience across the entire project lifecycle
We can offer
- Interesting and stimulating work across a diverse range of areas
- A close-knit team that is supportive and fast paced
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations
The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements – please talk to us about what flexible working means for you.
Applications close 27 February 2020. All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached JD for further detail and for more information please contact John Blance, Project Delivery Manager, email@example.com