- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Manawatu – Wanganui
- Date Advertised: 05-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/137
- Job Title: Capital Advisor
- Business Unit:
Finance and Technology
Due to Covid-19 and the worldwide pandemic, we are currently only accepting applications from New Zealand Citizens, New Zealand Residents who are either residing in New Zealand or overseas OR applicants who hold a valid work visa and are currently living in New Zealand.
The Capital Planning Team forms part of the wider Finance Team of the University. We’re responsible for compiling the Ten-Year Capital Plan (TYCP) and managing the University wide capital planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for a new Capital Advisor to:
- provide support to the Senior Capital Planner/ Accountant, finance team, and internal clients
- assist with coordinating capital financial procedures and financial authority processes
- assist with Capital Asset Management (CAM) processes
- undertake capital reporting and assist with compiling of the Ten-Year Capital Plan
- document, maintain and analyse asset and capital financial information.
- two to three years of experience in finance and asset management, preferably in a large organisation
- a relevant Finance tertiary qualification (ideally)
- good Analytical and Technical Skills; able to work with a variety of information sources including asset, spatial and financial data
- intermediate skills with excel spread sheets to analyse and present information, including, understanding formula, lookups, and charts
- an understanding of the principles of capitalisation, depreciation, and alignment with an asset’s useful life
- a desire and willingness to gain an understanding of the relevant laws and regulations applicable to financial practice in New Zealand
- the ability to gather accurate and relevant information through independent research, using all available resources
- strong communicate skills; able to explain or present information, in a clear, accurate and understandable manner.
Great opportunity to join a large organisation with a wonderful working environment. Opportunity to grow and develop your skills with scope to progress within the organisation.
In addition to a salary, Massey also offers:
- up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your family
- discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- access to a wonderful on-Campus crèche /day care facilities for dependents of staff
- comprehensive professional development and training programme
- university staff study provisions.
We embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide staff and students with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally.
Please feel free to contact Barry Harlen, Senior Capital Planner/ Accountant with any enquiries about this position; 06 9519 465 B.Harlen@massey.ac.nz
Applications close 11.30pm Thursday, 18 February 2021. All applications must please be submitted online.
Interviews will commence the week beginning 22 February 2021.
Reference number: FT_FT_137_02/21
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz