Central Processing Officers – Whangarei
Full Time 37.55 hours per week)
We have opportunities for Central Processing Officers to join our varied and fast paced housing and income support unit in Whangarei. We have permanent and fixed term positions of up to 12 months available.
The scope and breadth of the work we do here at the Ministry of Social Development is unique and in many ways, we touch the lives of most New Zealanders at some stage in their life’s journey. We play an important role in supporting New Zealanders. Simply put, people count on us.
About the role
As a Central Processing Officer you have an important role to play. Every action you take impacts New Zealanders lives. You will be responsible for the processing of Medical Certificates, Online Applications, Early Learning Payments (ELP) & Childcare Applications & Reviews. You liaise with many different and diverse groups of people such as Childcare Centres and Medical Professionals. We have a dedicated 0800 line/email service for childcare Centres throughout New Zealand who are able to contact us for any childcare subsidy related queries. In addition to the processing work, you will be responsible for answering the phone, making outbound calls as required and responding to email queries from Childcare Centres, Medical Professionals and other stakeholders.
The central processing officer role is 37.55 hours per week across rostered shifts with varying start times between the hours of 6.55am and 10.00pm Monday to Friday and between 7.55am and 6.00pm on Saturdays. The current hours of operation are 7.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
You are professional, energetic, and able to interact and negotiate with a variety of clients over the phone while maintaining a customer service focus. Driven and determined to succeed you thrive on achieving outcomes. You navigate your way through computer systems with ease and enjoy taking ownership of your work and contributing to team performance. Flexible and agile in your approach you embrace change and learn from it. You are confident working with financial information and can accurately calculate and enter information into computer systems.
The most significant benefit is being able to make a tangible difference in New Zealanders lives. You also receive:
• Comprehensive induction and on-going training
• Regular coaching and development opportunities
• Vibrant, diverse team environment
• Great location, close to public transport, amenities and facilities
• Starting salary $44,165 to $46,925 per annum (based on skills and experience)
• There is the potential to earn up to $60,727 per annum through yearly performance based salary reviews.
How to apply
Please apply online with your CV. You do not need to upload a cover letter; instead you will be asked to answer two additional questions in the application form:
1. Why do you want to be a Central Processing Officer?
2. Tell us about a challenging work problem you solved and how you did it.
• To be considered for this position you must be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of application as this is a Level 4/5 ANZSCO position.
• If you currently work for MSD, please apply through your myHR careers page at work.
• For a further discussion about the role contact Bruce Patuawa on (09) 430 7005.
Applications close: Monday 16th March 2020 at 10.00pm