negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Communications, media, & marketing
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 21-OCT-19
- Job Reference: 21322
- Job Title: Chief Communications & Engagement Officer
- Business Unit:
A unique leadership role driving strategic impact across our communications and engagement
- Exciting and influential senior leadership opportunity at the heart of government
- Drive the strategic approach to our communications, messages & engagement
- Bring a new and innovative approach and raise our communications capability
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government’s lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to be a world-leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders.
We are a dynamic and evolving organisation with a proud reputation that looks to remain strong, trusted and respected. We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and talented Chief Communications & Engagement Officer (CCEO) to join our senior leadership team at this pivotal time. This newly created position reports through to the Deputy Secretary/Chief Operating Officer and oversees a diverse team of communications professionals working collaboratively with the Manager, Communications & Engagement.
- Enhance the strategic management of our internal and external profile
- Drive the delivery of the highest quality communications advice and outputs
- Elevate, influence and protect the Treasury’s reputation and brand
- Bring a whole-of-Treasury perspective and ensure communications activity is aligned
- Support the achievement of Treasury priorities and strengthen the organisation
- Lead a strategic approach to our communications, messages & engagement to support the achievement of our vision and priorities
- Provide insightful and credible advice to the CE/Secretary and senior leaders
- Manage complex communication issues and provide risk and crisis management support at the executive level
- Ensure the Treasury is well-positioned for activities through pre-emptive, quality planning that is coordinated and connected
- Provide people leadership and direction to meet current and future needs
- Exceptional leadership experience in either government/corporate communications developing, designing and executing comprehensive strategic outputs
- Confident, strong leader with the ability to instil clarity of vision, direction and purpose
- Lead to inspire, question the status quo and are known for delivering outstanding results
- Credible, trusted advisor with exceptional engagement, communication and influencing skills
- You thrive in a complex and ambiguous environment with energy, resilience & composure
- Highly proficient in all aspects of modern communication technologies, tools and techniques
- Authentic leader with an inclusive and collaborative style
The Treasury values diversity and inclusion and encourages a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements.
You will be able to meet and maintain the criteria required to hold a NZ Government security clearance.
Applications close Monday 4 November. All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached JD for details and for more information please contact Ann Hunn, EA to Ruth Shinoda, Chief Operating Officer / Deputy Secretary Ann.Hunn@treasury.govt.nz