An exciting opportunity has opened for an experienced risk and wholesale credit professional to lead the risk team at a multinational banking firm.
This organisation is one of the largest multinational banking firms in the world and is highly regarded both in the Auckland market and overseas.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the bank’s team of dedicated risk management professionals. The Chief Risk Officer will also be responsible for overseeing and developing a comprehensive risk-management framework.
• Implement and maintain a sound Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework, measuring risk and providing quantitative analytical support to the lines of business in risk measurement, modelling and reporting.
• Identify known and emerging risks, measure, monitor and report on the Bank’s risk profile to the Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
• Facilitate the maintenance of risk policies including credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk, etc.
• Bring strong local knowledge, lending assessment skills and experience to broaden the depth of credit and risk management of the bank.
• A minimum of ten years of financial services experience in risk oversight roles covering credit, counter-party, investment, market, liquidity and operational risk.
• Proven experience in implementing and managing Enterprise Risk Management strategy and governance, risk and compliance activities.
• Strong people management skills with proven leadership abilities that motivate both direct and indirect teams to perform at their best.
• Risk Management professional certification would be an asset.
• Good knowledge and grasp of banking practices, financial markets, Basel III, and products at a higher level and awareness of the country regulatory framework.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a world renowned banking organisation.