- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Canterbury
- Date Advertised: 04-NOV-19
- Job Reference: NZ/MESCDHB
- Job Title: Cleaning Manager – Environmental Services
- Business Unit:
- Newly created full-time role
- Work for the South Island’s largest employer
- Excellent career opportunity
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Canterbury DHB is committed to being an excellent and caring funder / provider of health and hospital services. Integral to the achieving our vision, goals and objectives of the DHB are the values of the organisation.
- Care and respect for others
- Integrity in all we do
- Responsibility for outcomes
The Role: Where you fit in
The Manager, Environmental Services will also be responsible for ensuring an effective, planned and professionally managed approach to the management of cleaning services for all departments.
The key deliverables are the following:
- Operational planning, with responsibility for overseeing cleaning performance and monitoring
- The ability to effectively manage a diverse group of stakeholders and understand their requirements will be critical to securing ongoing support for changes in the department
- Management of direct reports and support of those people to lead their teams
- Develop and actively manage effective working relationships with a range of internal stakeholders and external vendor/service providers
- Monitor the state of key relationships and working with colleagues to influence these
- Participate positively and effectively in formal leadership and management meetings and interactions
- Manage budget activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Review performance data to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field and a successful background in contract and/or commercial and vendor management
- Demonstrable relationship management skills with the ability to foster good stakeholder relationships through consultation and partnership
- An orientation towards innovation and improvements for the future
- Proven ability to tailor complex messages to a range of audiences including clinical, government, senior management and the public
- Significant experience in a service environment, preferably multi-site
- Experience in budget management $5m annually
- Understanding of current infection control practices used within the Health sector
- Flexible attitude towards timekeeping for 24/7 services
- Ideally a minimum of five years’ experience of working in Cleaning Services in a large multi-site organisation
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.