• This is an exciting opportunity to use your co-design and human centered design skills to make a difference
• We work with, and for, the New Zealanders who don’t always get the chance to speak for themselves and be heard
• Come be a part of a team of high performers.
• 1 Fixed Term and 3 Permanent roles, Wellington based
The Ministry of Social Development touches the lives of over a million New Zealanders every year. We are looking to rebuild our Client Experience Team after responding to the changes brought on by COVID-19. Our clients often have complex and interrelated needs. We are building a picture of their experiences to drive a change in how the Ministry understands clients and uses this to improve our services.
We are looking for people that can demonstrate:
• Experience with client or customer centered design techniques. For example:
o leading co-design workshops
o face-to-face and over-the-phone interviews
o using digital collaboration tools such as Optimal Workshop or Adobe Experience Manager
• Thought leadership and an understanding of best practice for co-design and human centered design practice
It would also be highly desirable if you can demonstrate any of the following:
• Experience working across a large organisation or on cross-disciplinary teams to deliver outcomes
• Experience embedding a Te Ao Māori worldview into your practice and the recommendations you deliver and/or fluency in Te Reo
• Fluency with graphic design tools such as the Adobe Suite and the ability to synthesis complex information into an easy to understand picture.
We are a team with high expectations from our leadership team to improve how we work with clients and change the culture of the Ministry. We are establishing new client experience principles for our service delivery and redeveloping how we gather clients’ voices. This work will include working closely with business units across the country to create a culture and practice of continuous service improvement.
How to apply
To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button, complete the online application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this role.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close 9.00 pm Sunday 6th December 2020
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process