1. New Zealand post graduate diploma in Clinical Psychology or overseas equivalent.
2. Must have completed at least two yearsâ€™ post-supervisory hands-on treatment experience working with adults;
3. Registration with the NZ Psychologists Registration Board with clinical scope mandatory.
4. Able to apply for and receive your Annual Practising Certificate (APC);
5. Previous work done in the area of psychological assessment and providing treatment service and expertise in adult mental health areas.
6. The ability to obtain a NZ driver’s license and willingness to travel to rural areas.
7. Previous experience working in a multi disciplinary team desired.
8. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
9. Able and willing to be supervised and complete required paperwork and documentation;
10. Good problem solving skills.
11. Ability to prioritise activities.
12. Effective interpersonal skills.
13. Ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary team.
14. Ability to manage stress.
15. Sense of humour.
16. Able and willing to commit at least 2-3 years to our client.
17. Able and willing to apply for NZ work or residency visa.
Be part of a mental health that which enjoys a friendly, innovative, well resourced team that provides professional service with strong clinical leadership that is committed to excellent in all areas. Services are delivered within an integrated recovery model in a sector that is well organised and connected.
The role in adult mental health combines assertive follow-up while maintaining contact with individuals through the case management system. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a supportive, forward thinking, multi-disciplinary team which provides a stable work environment within a family friendly city and an lifestyle with many opportunities to explore world famous scenic attractive and activities.
1. Minimum of four weeks’ paid annual leave after your first year;
2. 9-11 paid public holidays for a total of up to 31 days paid off from work;
3. Living and working where malpractice/indemnity insurance may not be required;
4. Not having to deal with insurance companies in order to be paid for your services;
5. Our unique and wonderful lifestyle as described at http://www.alignrecruitment.com/lifestyle.html; and
6. Ongoing professional development is encouraged and supported with a generous professional development allowance to their clinical psychologists.