negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: Community Services
- Location: Greymouth
- Date Advertised: 03-FEB-20
- Job Reference: 211_1580699254
- Job Title: Community Compliance Officers, Greymouth
- Business Unit:
Want to put your expertise or passion for working with customers, communities and businesses to good use?
Inland Revenue is going through significant transformation and needs agile, adaptive, change ready individuals to take on the role of Community Compliance Officers who will:
- work directly with customers to get it right from the start by helping them understand their obligations and entitlements
- quickly establish rapport to engage and build relationships in the community, conduct seminars and presentations to community groups, small businesses and our M ori community
- confidently conduct checks and targeted compliance activities in the community.
You’re someone who enjoys engaging with people as part of your day to day work. You’ll be customer-orientated, and for you, a successful day is making contact with new people or groups and educating, informing and supporting.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Customer service skills and are an effective communicator
- A proven ability to learn at pace and apply those learnings
- Skill at handling potentially difficult and sensitive situations with the ability to question and elicit information in challenging situations
- Highly developed relationship management skills including the ability to tailor own personal style and negotiate and influence effective outcomes
- The ability to effectively use technology, IR systems and tools
- The ability to address identified non-compliance through a range of appropriate enforcement activities and to escalate where required
- A demonstrated awareness and understanding of cultural differences and needs within local communities including an awareness and basic understanding of Te Reo, Tikanga M ori and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- A relevant tertiary qualification (this is desirable but not essential)
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence (essential)
- Flexibility – the role may require some travel within a geographic area
To apply, please click on ‘apply’ below and attach your CV and Cover Letter indicating how you meet the criteria, addressing the core competencies and outline the skills and experience you will bring to this role.
Once you apply you will be directed to our Careers site where you can reach out to IRDCareers for a copy of the Role Description.
Please note applications close Friday 14th February at 12noon.