negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Administration/Office Support
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 12-FEB-20
- Job Reference: DOC/100/5801TI
- Job Title: Conservation House Facilities Officer, (Temporary), Corporate Services Group, Wellington
- Business Unit:
We’re looking for a Facilities Officer to join our Conservation House Wellington team until November 2020.
The Facilities team is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Conservation House. This includes security and health and safety requirements, building repairs and maintenance, fleet vehicles, meeting room maintenance, seating relocations, meeting and greeting visitors, incoming and outgoing mail and couriers, and the purchase of stationery and consumables.
Reporting to the Facilities Team Lead, the Facilities Officer will be responsible for:
- Working with approved suppliers and contractors to ensure all building maintenance requirements (including lighting, heating, plumbing, electrical and handyman work) are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring fleet vehicles are fully maintained, including servicing and WOFs, cleaning and repairs, and ensuring vehicle check sheets are completed and collated
- Managing health and safety inductions for all new staff, and ensuring Civil Defence cabinets are maintained
- Working with the Site Lead team and the Chief Warden to ensure emergency boards, photo boards and other health and safety information channels are kept up to date
- Providing Reception cover as required
- Providing back-up to the Facilities Co-ordinator with first aid requirements, office relocations, event co-ordination and the distribution of consumables as required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience working with suppliers and contractors
- The ability to look at the “big picture” and identify next steps
- Strong multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent logical thinking skills
- A pro-active approach and a positive attitude towards tasks
The successful candidate will also hold a valid full NZ drivers’ licence (and be comfortable driving both manual and automatic vehicles).
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online via the DOC Careers Centre. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For any queries, please contact John Cunningham on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting vacancy 100/5801.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 26 February 2020.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.