Do you want to play an important role in securing a better pathway for our tamariki and rangatahi from a coordination perspective? Join a supportive team at our Panmure site and grow your coordination experience to new heights.
What you will do?
• Manage care and protection Family Group Conferences (FGC) within the spirit of Pūao-te-Ata-tū and its operational intent – the Children, Young Persons and Their Families Act 1989
• Understand, apply and embrace the principles of the Act
• Champion the alignment of the principles and practices outlined in the Oranga Tamariki Indigenous and Bicultural Framework with FGC practice
• Lead FGC practice with the Oranga Tamariki team
• Ensure all members of whānau, hapu, iwi and family groups, who wish to attend, are able to do so
• Facilitate conferences in partnership with all stakeholders to decide and develop a pathway in relation to care and protection
• Review the decisions and recommendations of the FGC and reconvene if required
What you will bring?
• Demonstrated work experience in a coordination role
• Client focussed skills
• Planning and organisational skills
• Information gathering skills and experience
• Cultural awareness and good relationship Management
• Problem-solving and judgement
• Integrity in working with whānau and with internal colleagues
• Ability to work as part of a team and add support as and where needed
• An open mind and want to go above and beyond what is in your job description
• A salary range between $64,769 – $82,544
• Flexible work opportunities
• A great, supportive team environment who will welcome you with open arms
• Regular supervision, training and career development opportunities
• Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
Who are we?
Our tamariki and rangatahi deserve to feel safe, have their voices heard and be surrounded by loving whānau. At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we’re on a journey to ensure that it happens. We are a leading social work practice that is child-centred, trauma informed and effective for all cultures.
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani Peddibhotla on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hurry as applications close on 17th March 2020