negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Customer Service
- Location: Manawatu/Wanganui
- Date Advertised: 23-NOV-20
- Job Reference: MOJ/1494135
- Job Title: Court Registry Officer
- Business Unit:
Court Registry Officer (Fixed Term until June 2021)
Palmerston North Court/Lower North
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
We are looking for a talented individual to come join our District Court as a Court Registry Officer in Palmerston North.
Court Registry Officer - in this role you will work with a team responsible for the successful operation of the Court. You will liaise with multiple stakeholders who are interacting with the Justice system. This includes being able to communicate confidently with Judges within the courtroom and their chambers, as well as other members of the judiciary.
In the role, the tasks include but is not limited to:
- Court Taking – this is the facilitation of running the court. This includes introducing Judges (in English and Te Reo Maori), working closely with them in the Courtroom and Chambers, managing jurors and general administration of the court.
- Case management – taking responsibility for ensuring that the Judiciary and case parties have all the information they need, and that logistics are in place to ensure cases are heard in a timely and effortless manner
- Travel to Waikato Satellite and Hearing Courts therefore must have a full clean New Zealand drivers licence
What you will need to be successful
- Detail orientated and observant – the court has many different processes and case information needs to be accurate;
- Self-aware –our participants are unique, and you will be confident working, both individually and as a team, across a range of situations;
- Multi-task –some of our processes are repetitive, but you’ll be able to manage conflicting priorities and move from one task to another quickly;
- Willing to learn – legislation and processes in the courts is always changing and you will be able to adapt and maintain knowledge capital.
- Resilience – there are times when working in the courts, you will be working on sensitive cases and sometimes at high volume.
Tono mai/How to Apply
Starting salaries are generally between $48,853 and $57,473 and are dependent on skills and experience.
Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process
Applications close on 29 November 2020.