Permanent, Full Time (37.55 hours per week)
• Extensive training and support provided.
• Starting: early May 2020
• Salary $46,925 to $49,605 per annum
• Providing financial assistance and advice over the phone
As a MSD Customer Service Representative (CSR), you can make a positive difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Our CSRs provide on the spot financial support to New Zealanders calling from anywhere in the country. You will find this role exceptionally rewarding if you are passionate about doing more in the community and helping those in need.
Work and Income is one of the few organisations’ that gives employees the opportunity and delegation to approve instant financial assistance to resolve an emergency need. Our CSRs are responsible for accurately updating and maintaining records. Our contact centres are fast paced, dynamic and you’ll be constantly learning in the role.
• You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where change is constant, and you are enabled to make good decisions.
• You can quickly learn and navigate around computer systems and enjoy learning
• You like communicating with people and aim to provide a positive experience
• You take pride in the quality of your work
• Starting salary is $46,925.00 to $49,605.00 per annum. Application along this band is dependent on relevant skills and experience.
• Regular coaching and annual performance reviews
• Modern training and opportunities to develop a career pathway in our team and the wider Ministry
• Vibrant and proudly diverse one-team culture
• Easy access via Public Transport, 2-minute walk from Ellerslie Train Station and bus stops right at the door.
Hours of Work
Standard hours of work are 37 hours 55 minutes per week, which is seven hours and 35 minutes per day.
The Contact Centre’s contracted hours of operation are Monday to Saturday 6.30am to 10.00pm.
Your initial rostered hours will be scheduled between 6.55am to 6.15pm Monday to Friday and between 8.00am to 2.00pm Saturday. Saturday’s are rotational, and you will only work every few Saturdays.
Your starting and finishing times will be set in accordance with the contact centre roster. You will know your roster well in advance. Changes to your roster will be made in accordance with the Contact Centre requirements and will be communicated to you.
Applications close: Thursday 12th March 2020 at 11.30pm
Candidates must hold NZ Citizenship or a Permanent Resident visa at the time of application (this role has level 4/5 ANZSCO classification).
How to apply – key recruitment information
To be considered, a current CV and completion of the online application form and questions is required.
• External candidates: Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to submit your online application.
• Current MSD employees: Please ensure you are applying from your work computer using your myHR login details.
For further queries please contact Toni on (09) 985 2284.