Customer Service/Warehouse Storeperson – Christchurch – 209891
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Reporting to the Christchurch Warehouse Manager, we have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service/Storeperson to be based in Christchurch.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• On a day to day basis, will work under the direction of the Warehouse Manager.
• Maintain the integrity of the warehouse and the compounds of the premises by practicing good housekeeping to ensure safety, tidiness and cleanliness at all times.
• To cross function and assist in the duties of the Warehouse Manager whenever required.
• Perform cycle counts when required
• Customer order processing in the system, picking, packing, despatching and delivery including backorder release.
• Preparation and processing of credit and returns.
• Support, provide input and collaborate across all distribution centres and HO Customer Services teams.
• Liaise between customers and all transport companies to ensure efficient operations and that customer needs are met.
• Handle customer queries and complaints.
• Assist local TM’s with promo matching activities, requested reports and all enquiries.
• Perform quality inspections on goods being returned to the warehouse.
• Ensure that security is maintained as well as health and safety for site.
• On a weekly & monthly basis, perform the duties as required for reporting purposes.
• To carry out all reasonable instructions and to undertake any work reasonably required by Boehringer-Ingelheim in accordance with the principles of GMP.
• Be familiar with and apply all Boehringer-Ingelheim regulations and policies on Health, Safety and Environment.
• Be familiar with, understand and comply with all aspects of the Boehringer-Ingelheim Mission and Corporate Policies manual.
• Purchasing of DC related consumables.
• Be a Team player
• Good written and verbal communication Skills
• Be Proactive
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Numerical ability and experience with SAP would be an advantage
• Timeliness and reliable
• Customer focused
• Ability to prioritise
• Understanding of stock rotation principles & practices
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Results focused
• Have a forklift licence
• Ability to work under pressure
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.