Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
•\tSupport project managers/group leader by providing technical expertise to ensure that project outcomes in terms of profit, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and Stantec expectations
•\tBuild and maintain strong client and team relationships
•\tPlan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects and proposals
•\tImprove and influence processes and best practices across cross-sector data and analytics projects to support the Data, Analytics, and Insights Discipline
•\tProvide training and support to graduates and colleagues
•\tPreparation and review of cost estimates for project scoping and investigation
•\tPlan, programme, coordinate and carry out all required activities for Stantec projects at various locations
•\tContribute to proposal and bid development to support business development activities, including preparing proposal material as required
•\tComplete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality, Safety & Environment Systems and Project Quality Procedures
•\tHighlight opportunities for efficiency gain both internally and externally and work with the appropriate teams to build processes to see those efficiencies realised
•\tFulfil role of Project Manager or Project Technical Lead in delivering projects internally
•\tEnsure the delivery of robust data analytics and automated processes on time and within budget
•\tEnsure robust best practice for data analytics is undertaken across all your work
•\tSupport the uptake and implementation of data analytics best practice across the wider Digital Practice
Business Development (Supporting Group Leader & CSMs)
•\tIdentify and understand market trends, pursue opportunities and win revenue generating work from existing clients in the Water and Transport sectors.
•\tSupport the development of new client offerings such as Software as a Service opportunities
•\tContribute to preparation of tenders and proposals as required.
Data & Automation Engineer – Wellington
To be successful for this role you’ll need:
• An aptitude for computing, data and technology. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics, Geography or Environmental Sciences
• Demonstrated ability to understand problems and develop creative solutions
• Competent in relevant technical fields, including use of software and computer systems
• A real interest in developing automated systems
• Competent communicator (both written and verbal)
Engineering Other, GIS, Modeller, Technology
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programs, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Employee Assistance Program