The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is helping maximise export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk. The Business Technology and Information Services Directorate is part of the Corporate Services Branch within MPI. BTIS’s vision is ‘making business easier and better’ and our horizons remain to ensure we deliver to business outcomes as outlined in MPIs Information Technology Strategy.
1. ‘Base Foundations’ – where we continue to get our existing systems and applications fit-for-purpose while transitioning to new platforms or adopting all-of-government common capabilities.
2. ‘Business Efficiency’ – where we leverage automated processes and experiment with new IT innovations to enable our people to deliver operational activities and services to the highest standards.
3. ‘Ecosystem Collaboration’ – where we take a proactive and collaborative approach to systems evolution with internal and external consumers of data and information in mind. This will require us to integrate our systems and enable data so it can be leveraged and disseminated across our primary industry ecosystem.
To achieve our vision, BTIS has to be an exceptional service provider, a highly effective team, a creative innovator, change enabler and a responsive integrator between MPI, government, suppliers and industry.
As part of this MPI is seeking a Delivery Frameworks Lead to join the Chief Technology Officer’s Team in Wellington.
The Delivery Frameworks Lead is responsible for providing leadership to the whole directorate to ensure delivery frameworks are well understood and automated to effectively deliver to our business needs.
Ensure Delivery Frameworks are defined (ie. Agile, ITIL, Service Management, Change etc), documented and implemented across BT&IS.
Work closely with specialists to continually improvement and adapt delivery frameworks.
Provide leadership on the delivery frameworks training methodology for the whole of BT&IS and instil a learning culture.
Work closely with the Product Delivery Managers and Practice Managers to ensure staff and service providers understand how to utilise the frameworks and know what quality metrics will be applied to ensure a consistent level of delivery. Ensure that change management aspects are communicated effectively by understanding staff impacts. Promote, reinforce and model behaviours that facilitates any cultural change.
Be the advocate on all aspects of the delivery frameworks utilised within BT&IS across the Ministry and through the All of Government networks.
To do this role you will need a:
· 3 years experience in developing delivery frameworks
· Sound knowledge of Agile methodologies
· Sound knowledge of the ITIL framework
· Sound understanding of ICT delivery models
How to Apply:
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Steven.Adam@MPI.govt.nz
Applications close: Monday 28 January 2019
MP is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you’ll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you’re growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.