As a Despatcher you’ll be joining our high performing teams in Mangere & Wiri who are responsible for ensuring our stores (think – Pak N Save, Four Square and New World) receive freight in a safe and timely manner so our customers can always buy the groceries they love. It’s a varied and busy role that will see you working closely with drivers, stores, and the wider Transport team.
This role will be joining our night shift team based on a 40-hour week in our Fresh DC in Mangere & our Controlled Temperature DC in Wiri.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring all vehicles are available and on-time to arrive and depart the DC’s/ Client’s sites to meet all requirements
• Responsibility for the management of the fleet vehicles to achieve full utilisation of each loading and to ensure profitability
• Ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for Transport staff by maintaining Occupational Safety and Health infrastructure and monitoring compliance
What we are looking for
• Ideally you will have 2+ years working as a Despatcher in a warehouse setting
• Meticulous attention to detail to manage tasks within assigned processes and organise workload to achieve desired results
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal, with a desire to engage meaningfully with all stakeholders
• Ability to think on your feet and be responsive in a fast-paced environment where speed and quality are equally important
Foodies is a team of 22,000 New Zealanders. In a growing network of 350+ stores. Serving over 1.3 million customers every week. In the most awesome little country in the world.
This is a great opportunity to take your knowledge and expertise to the next level. So if you’re keen to join NZ’s largest grocery distributor in a role that will give you scope and exposure, along with the opportunity for development in a supportive team environment, then apply today!