- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Category: Human resources, recruitment & training
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 01-FEB-21
- Job Reference: 519_1612140108
- Job Title: Domain Lead (L2) – Organisational Resilience
- Business Unit:
Use your expertise in Health & Safety, Business Continuity and Corporate Security to provide direction and leadership to those who are responsible for delivering these services to ensure appropriate protection is in place over IR’s people, assets and property and that IR’s health and safety culture is integrated into our business.
Inland Revenue is an essential part of the fabric of New Zealand. We collect most of the revenue that our government needs to fund and administer the significant social and economic policy programmes that provide support and care for the people of this country.
As a Domain Lead – Organisational Resilience, you’ll have overall responsibility for IR’s Business Continuity and Emergency Management (BCEM) framework, which outlines IR’s approaches to Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Civil Defence Emergency Management.
You’ll operate as an effective and collaborative member of the People & Workplace Services Senior Leadership Team, including contributing to the strategic direction of the People & Workplace Services group and having collective accountability for the effective operation of the group.
In this challenging role you will:
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of frameworks across Health Safety & Wellbeing, Business Continuity and Corporate Security.
- Oversee the team’s work programme and ensure the team’s results are delivered and create the best outcomes for Inland Revenue.
- Provide information and advice to the Deputy Commissioner Enterprise Services and the Executive Leadership Team on IR’s overall resilience.
- Take both lead and supporting roles in the management of issues that have been identified as having the potential to have significant implications for successful operations at IR.
- Ensure that robust governance protocols and administrative processes are developed, accessible, and complied with.
- Build strong trust-based relationships with Executive Leadership Team members, other senior managers and their staff who have key roles in Inland Revenue’s Governance.
- Identify and implement changes to business processes within the group/area that will result in improvements in the quality and efficiency of the service provided.
- Provide direction and leadership to both the Corporate Security Team and IR managers on developing and integrating Corporate Security, approaches and practices.
- Acting as an escalation point for advice on issues relating specifically to Business Continuity, Health Safety & Wellbeing and Corporate Security.
- Actively identify and manage risks within your sphere of accountability, escalating risks where appropriate.
You will need:
- Proven leadership experience with a broad understanding of the Public Sector
- To be a strategic thinker who can work with complex ideas, draw and describe connections and issues, and turn concepts into tangible actions.
- A well-developed ability to critically analyse complex information, make effective decisions, present compelling arguments and create effective and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience in developing and implementing new frameworks and systems that support organisational level information analysis and associated recommendations development.
- The ability to manoeuvre through complex political situations effectively and quietly, is sensitive to how people and organizations function, anticipates situations and plans their approach accordingly, views corporate politics as a necessary part of organisational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- To have well developed capability in initiating and proactively maintaining highly effective relationships with managers and staff across the organisation, especially senior leaders and their direct reports.
- To be highly capable in delivering and articulating complex information both verbally and in writing in a way that meets the needs of the audience.
- The ability to create, maintain and manage a network of relationships within Inland Revenue and across the sector at a senior management level
- A good understanding of, and experience of working within, NZ government’s Protective Security Requirements.
This is your opportunity to innovate and challenge yourself in a world-class service organisation. We offer an agile environment and flexible work practices where you’ll be encouraged to innovate and prioritise your professional development to achieve your career goals.
Please apply online, attach a copy of your CV and a Cover Letter outlining how you meet the role requirements as outlined in the Role Description.
For specific queries or a copy of the role description, please email SelectionFOM@ird.govt.nz.
Applications close 12am Sunday 14th February 2021
At Inland Revenue, we truly embrace diversity and inclusion and promote a flexible and supportive work environment that meets the needs of our people and business.
We have trust and integrity – we innovate to make a difference – we value people – we work together