negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Special Education
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 02-NOV-18
- Job Reference: EDU/1365503
- Job Title: Early Intervention Teacher
- Business Unit:
Early Intervention Teacher
One Full time permanent position – Henderson Office
One Full time permanent position – Maungawhau Office
If you are an experienced practitioner ready for new challenges this could be your next career step.
The Ministry is looking for energetic, innovative Early Intervention Teachers who are ready for an opportunity to work collaboratively with other agencies to make a positive difference to the lives of our youngest tamariki, their families and whānau.
The role includes:
- Providing high quality learning support to parents and whānau, early learning services, schools and others.
- Sharing your specialist knowledge and skills to strengthen the capability of the adults around the child to promote the participation and learning of young children.
- Supporting quality inclusive teaching practice in early learning services and other educational settings through the design and delivery of professional learning programmes.
- Supporting transition points in the child’s learning pathway.
You will need:
- An ability and willingness to work in collaborative partnership with other professionals, agencies, families and the sector;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to sustain productive professional relationships;
- A genuine commitment to evidence based interventions which demonstrate inclusive education practice and contribute to raising student achievement;
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, knowledge of tikanga and Te Reo Māori would be an advantage
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Specialist Teaching Early Intervention endorsement (or equivalent)along with more than 3 years successful teaching experience including leadership roles or have a current teacher practicing certificate with more than 3 years successful early childhood teaching experience including leadership roles and willing to complete a Post Graduate Diploma in Specialist Teaching Early Intervention endorsement (with Study Assistance provided)
A current driver’s licence is essential.
The Ministry offers opportunities for professional development and training and a friendly, supportive working environment.
Please apply online. If you have any queries, you can contact Janice Bates (09) 632 9343
Applications close Thursday, 22 November 2018.