negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Education
- Location: Manawatu
- Date Advertised: 07-JAN-19
- Job Reference: EDU/1374413
- Job Title: Early Intervention Teacher
- Business Unit:
Early Intervention Teacher
Full-time permanent position based in Palmerston North
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our youngest tamariki and their family and whānau?
The Ministry of Education provides learning support services to pre-school and school-age children through our Early Intervention Services. We are now seeking applications from early childhood professionals to join our team.
The Early Intervention Teacher role includes:
- Working with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the child and their development, and to collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning plan.
- Help the adult network around the child to make changes to the learning environment so that the child’s learning can be maximised. This includes supporting the child to develop more pro-social ways of responding, improving their participation, wellbeing and learning outcomes.
- Facilitating access to wider services and support, in response to individual need, for example speech and language therapy and local agencies.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Diploma in Early Intervention or be a qualified Early Childhood Teacher with 3 years minimum teaching experience and willing to complete a Post Graduate Diploma in Early Intervention.
- A full and current New Zealand drivers licence.
The Ministry of Education has an equal opportunities policy and is committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
If you want to join us in making a real contribution to improving outcomes for New Zealand children, family and whānau, please apply now by clicking on the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
For a confidential enquiry or more information please contact Caroline Campbell, Service Manager, Palmerston North on 06 350 9867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 27th January 2018