negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Special Education
- Location: Hamilton
- Date Advertised: 19-OCT-18
- Job Reference: EDU/EDU/136272
- Job Title: Early Intervention Teacher
- Business Unit:
Early Intervention Teacher
Based in Hamilton
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our youngest tamariki and their family and whānau?
The Ministry of Education provides learning support services to pre-school children through our Early Intervention. We are now recruiting a specialist to support this work.
One position is available in the Waikato Region for an Early Intervention Teacher.
The position will be based in the Hamilton office although some day to day travel will be required. Overnight travel is also a requirement at times.
The role of the Early Intervention Teacher includes:
- Working with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the child, their learning and their behaviours, and to collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning plan.
- Helping the adult network around the child to make changes to the learning environment so that their learning & behaviour can be more effectively managed and their participation, wellbeing and learning outcomes improved.
- Facilitating access to wider services and support, in response to individual need, for example speech and language therapy and local agencies.
- Experience in Māori medium education and fluency in Te Reo Māori would be an advantage. The ability to form strong relationships with whānau, hapu and iwi to provide positive outcomes for tamariki mokopuna is also an advantage.
If you want to join us in making a real contribution to improving outcomes for New Zealand children, family and whānau, please apply now by clicking on the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
You can view the position descriptions above or for further information contact Rochelle McKenzie on 07 850 8896.
Applications close on 16 November 2018.