- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 05-FEB-21
- Job Reference: NZ/GRAD
- Job Title: EECA Graduate programme
- Business Unit:
Who we are
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) is a government agency whose purpose is to mobilise New Zealanders to be world leaders in clean and clever energy use. EECA’s work spans across the business, transport, and residential sectors.
How we make a difference
EECA’s work helps to unlock many benefits for New Zealand, such as:
- reducing carbon emissions, to support New Zealand’s climate change commitments
- improving business productivity and competitiveness
- improving people’s health due to warmer, drier homes
- saving people money by helping them be more energy efficient at home and on the road.
About the programme:
- Two graduate positions available
- 12 months fixed-term with a mutually agreed six month extension
- Opportunity to apply for other EECA roles during the programme
- Wellington based
- Provides the opportunity to work across different teams at EECA on varied projects
- Starting salary circa $50,000-$54,000 with six monthly reviews
Who we are looking for:
- Recent graduates, or those who are about to complete their studies, and who have not had significant work experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degrees
- Ability to start by April 2021
- We are open to degree types. We are keen to see research and analytical skills, along with a collaborative working style, adaptability, excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as problem solving and time management skills
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to contribute to EECA’s work programme while gaining a range of skills and experience across the organisation
- A dedicated mentor to help structure and guide your development throughout the programme
- Work within a key sector undergoing substantial change and with people who are committed to EECA’s purpose
How to apply
Go to https://www.eeca.govt.nz/about/careers/vacancies/ to access the assessment questionnaire that needs to be completed.
For more information about our grad programme please go to: https://www.eeca.govt.nz/about/careers/graduate/
Submit your CV (max two pages), cover letter (max two pages), completed assessment questionnaire, and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should tell us why you want to take up this opportunity, your achievements outside of academic study along with your career aspirations.
Applications close Thursday, 18 February 2021.