negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Otago
- Date Advertised: 02-NOV-18
- Job Reference: NZ/181425
- Job Title: Entitlements Payment Officer – Dunedin
- Business Unit:
- Dunedin Location (the Dunedin hours are from 10am to 7pm for the permanent role)
- Three fixed-term/secondment opportunities through to 30 August 2019
- Role closes Friday 10 November
We have some exciting initiatives going through transformation, which will make things easier for our customer.
And we need you to join the team!
The team is working on simplifying the weekly compensation process to enable our clients to receive their payments faster. We are always thinking of new ways to improve our processes and together we come up with some creative ideas.
As an Entitlements Payment Officer, no two days will be the same. Your responsibilities will be collecting and interpreting information to providing top notch client service, you’ll constantly be kept on your toes in our fast-paced Weekly Compensation team to pay our clients and employers timely and accurate compensation for loss of earnings.
You’re friendly and you’re also full of initiative with a great sense of humour – a well organised and level-headed person who can keep control of several responsibilities and tasks at one time. Of course, the ability to prioritise will come in handy here, as will good strong computer and communication skills.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- exceptional customer service experience with a clear, confident and pleasant telephone manner
- ability to think logically with resolute attention to detail, and the ability to critically evaluate information and use judgement to make a decision
- ability to self-manage under pressure to meet accuracy targets and payment deadlines in a quick turnaround environment
- excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- well-developed numerical and data entry skills
- ability to apply appropriate legislation and operational policies
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
At ACC, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility are important to our business. We embrace the unique perspectives and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we work – benefitting individual employees and all our clients across New Zealand.
Please note: Applications will only be accepted through our Career website.
If you have further queries, please contact Nadine on email Nadine.O’Donnell@acc.co.nz
To apply for this job, please visit https://careers.acc.co.nz/