negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Project Management
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 26-FEB-20
- Job Reference: MBIE/1448905
- Job Title: EPMO Practice and Quality Assurance Manager
- Business Unit:
- Senior role in an energised & engaged EPMO team
- Opportunity to grow and embed portfolio management
- Permanent opportunity based in our Central Wellington location
Why work for us?
We’re looking for an energised; people focused Practice and Quality Assurance Manager to join an established EPMO team as we work to improve our delivery maturity and provide strategic advice and insight to our executive.
The key activities are:
- Work closely with the PMO teams to continue embedding and improving the MBIE Portfolio and Project Delivery Frameworks
- Provide portfolio level analysis, recommendations, and enterprise perspectives to senior stakeholders to support investment decision making
- Drive the necessary changes to increase the maturity of our assurance practices across portfolios, programmes and projects.
- Ensure MBIE’s Project and Programme delivery frameworks remain fit for purpose and reflect best practice
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Portfolio level experience gained from working in a EPMO, or a complex programme, or in a portfolio delivery context
- Strong P3M3 skills – extensive working knowledge of good project and portfolio practices, with the ability to articulate what “good” looks like.
- Strong analytical skills to review projects and their ability to deliver against approved business cases and plans.
- Excellent written communication skills – you will be required to write short, concise papers for senior management.
- Confidence in interacting with all levels of an organisation from Deputy Chief Executives through to Project Managers – in this role relationships get the job done.
- A working style that creates constructive, collaborative and empowered relationships.
- Working knowledge of NZ public sector investment management – Treasury Better Business Casing and Investor Confidence Rating framework knowledge would be advantageous.
- A professional qualification in Project or Portfolio Management is preferred.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. Here you can view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application. Please upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via this online advertisement.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1448905 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 11 March 2020.