negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Administration
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 31-JAN-20
- Job Reference: 22325
- Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director – Strategy, Governance and Engagem
- Business Unit:
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC) occupies a unique position at the centre of New Zealand’s system of democratic government. It exists to support the effective conduct of executive government by the Prime Minister, the Governor-General and members of the Cabinet. DPMC’s principal role is provision of advice, on a daily basis, to the Prime Minister and Cabinet on the wide range of complex issues that confront the Government – particularly its policy priorities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Executive Assistant to join DPMC and support the Executive Director, Strategy, Governance and Engagement (SGE) and work as part of the wider SGE team to support the team to work effectively. The role also provides facilities and operations support to the organisation. The role is permanent and based in the Beehive.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing proactive, high-quality executive support to the Executive Director
- Running an effective and efficient office management system for the Executive Director
- Developing and maintaining key contacts which assist in the smooth co-ordination of work within the Executive Director’s area of responsibility
- Providing some support to SGE team managers and members
- Supporting facilities management and operations co-ordination
Key attributes required to be successful in the role include:
- Proven experience in planning and providing high quality support services to senior management, including the ability to judge situations well, and take the initiative to respond quickly and appropriately where required
- The ability to focus on multiple issues, to prioritise, and to work to tight deadlines while staying unruffled and without losing attention to detail
- A highly responsive approach and a commitment to supporting the Executive Director and the wider SGE team
- Proven customer service orientation with the ability to deliver accurate, timely and quality products
- Proven experience with the Microsoft Office environment including advanced skills in Outlook and Word, and intermediate skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- A flexible, positive attitude combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills is essential. Being unflappable under pressure is also key to your success in this role. You may also be required to provide back up support for the EA to the Chief Executive when she is on leave.
We offer you:
- Variety and challenge, working across a broad range of areas;
- A unique insight in to the operating of central government;
- A range of experience and opportunities for your ongoing professional development.
The indicative remuneration for the role, depending on skills and experience is $67,865 to $80,000+.
Applications for the role close at 11:55pm, Sunday 16 February 2020.