negotiable / month
- Job Type:
- Category: Accounting/Finance
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 31-OCT-18
- Job Reference: IRD/MD1365108
- Job Title: Experienced Analyst, Business Reporting & Analytics
- Business Unit:
- Do you want to make you mark and see your efforts create value?
- Do you have the courage and confidence to speak up, challenge and ask questions?
- Join our Performance Team and help make the shift from reporting information to identifying and delivering insights
- Fixed Term or secondment opportunity to 30 April 2020
- Option of flexible work hours and location
As part of the Business Reporting and Analytics team in the Performance Facilities and Finance unit, you will provide quality performance and value-add analysis from an organisational and business perspective. Our work helps the Executive Leadership team and customer segment leads make effective decisions.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in an agile, customer centric and intelligence-led culture, able to operate at speed in a changing environment. Project management capability is a bonus.
- Initiate the analysis and interpretation of transforming data into insights using appropriate analytical techniques;
- Research, analyse and produce professional reports from internal and external sources to support multiple outcomes including statutory obligations, strategic and business decision-making requirements and enhancement of services;
- Engage with the business, question results, and give informed recommendations.
- embrace change as opportunity and utilise different ways of working.
You will bring:
- Experience gathering and assessing information, and an ability to deliver regular quality reporting according to an agreed timetable;
- Critical thinking, and an analytical mindset;
- Influencing skills and relationship management;
- High EQ and self-awareness – to know when to speak, when to listen and when to act;
- A proven ability to effectively manage your work with a focus on excellence and delivery;
Additionally, at an experienced level we would see:
- The ability to form and implement a vision of the performance story inside a wider IR-level Performance Management Framework;
- Outstanding written skills and proven ability to turn technical information into engaging readable material without losing the meaning;
- Strong mentoring capabilities, optimising your work with others in your team;
- Excellent people skills with a focus on using a range of sources to think critically, make connections, ask the right questions, challenge status quo, and develop robust insights.
A relevant qualification and/or relevant experience is preferred.
(For Secondment) Please ensure you have discussed this secondment with your current Manager and gained approval before applying.
To start an application click the ‘Apply online’ button and include a copy of your current CV and a concise covering letter outlining what you can bring to the role.
For more information please contact Marie Davis, Senior Advisor Recruitment on 04 890 6303.
Applications close Thursday 15th November 2018.