negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 31-JAN-20
- Job Reference: NZ/23582
- Job Title: Finance Business Partner
- Business Unit:
The Parliamentary Service Finance team provides a range of financial, planning and procurement services within an exciting and unique organisation. You will enjoy a high trust relationship and work as part of a collaborative, driven and fun team.
The finance business partner provides proactive and high-quality management accounting and advisory services to Parties, Members of Parliament and support staff, management teams, and budget managers through their deep understanding of and partnering with the business. This is a core role within the Finance team which works collaboratively with other Finance team members and the business to contribute to the delivery of Finance team’s objectives.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Proactively collaborate with the business to provide expert advice, continuous training and support
- Provide strategic financial analysis and planning advice to Parties, Members of Parliament and their support staff as well as Parliamentary Service and Office of the Clerk budget managers
- Prepare internal financial reports and provide analysis that is of a high quality and timely to support decision making
- Advise on, review and consolidate budget submissions to ensure they are in line with Service-wide priorities
- Support and drive continuous improvement to enhance customer service
What you will bring to the role:
- CA Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- At least five years sound accounting experience including Financial and/or Management accounting experience
- Sound variance reporting, trending and analysis experience as well as budget management and forecasting experience
- Considerable experience in building, influencing and maintaining strong productive working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- High level of presentation, communication and influencing skills with evidence of creating robust and lasting agreements
- The ability to operate effectively within a high-pressure environment
Why work for Parliamentary Service?
- We offer a flexible and excellent working environment
- We are a high performing team committed to providing the best service to the best Parliament in the world.
Click the ’apply’ button and include your resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 23582GJ.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 14 February 2020.
For any queries, please email email@example.com
Parliamentary Service appoints on merit and is committed to EEO and good employer principles.