negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Other
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 01-NOV-18
- Job Reference: MBIE/1364084
- Job Title: Fire Engineers x 2
- Business Unit:
- Play a leading role in the building industry – originate and influence change
- Be part of a work programme to develop & deliver initiatives to improve NZ’s buildings
- Develop and improve the Building Code
- Full time preferred however flexible hours or part time may be negotiable
We are recruiting a Fire Engineer and/or a Senior Fire Engineer (based on experience) to join our Building Performance and Engineering team.
About the roles
This is a highly influential role where as an experienced Fire Engineer in a Technical Advisor capacity the work you do will impact on the built environment. You will be able to contribute to the future direction of the Building Code and play a key role in monitoring the performance of the building design and construction sector. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in new initiatives, collaborating with industry experts, to develop and promote improvements in New Zealand building performance and productivity.
Why Work for Us
- Be part of a focussed team committed to meeting the needs of the business in a collaborative and productive manner
- Enjoy the challenges associated with identifying issues and facilitating solutions in a complex operational environment
- We’ll help you manage a healthy work-life balance with flexi-time, healthcare and financial benefits, along with sports teams and social activities.
To be successful, you will need to have;
- Tertiary degree qualification in fire engineering. CP Eng qualification or equivalent specialising in Fire engineering desirable.
- Extensive experience in fire engineering and a reputation as an expert in this field.
- Can-do attitude
- Good communication skills – able to provide specialist advice and share knowledge in a clear manner
- Previous experience managing complex projects
- Good knowledge of the Building Act and Code
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work
- Ability to provide specialist advice
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships.
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff.
- Understanding of MBIE and where the team fits in delivering outcomes for the Ministry.
About the organisation
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz).
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1234084 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 25 November 2018