negotiable / month
- Job Type: Casual
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 09-NOV-18
- Job Reference: NZ/18103
- Job Title: Function and Event Technician (Casual)
- Business Unit:
Function and Event Technician (Casual)
Te Papa is seeking casual event technicians to work in Te Papa’s Functions and Events to:
- Provide technical support and operation of presentation and recording systems in function and event venues.
- Assist to increase repeat business and revenue by providing professional services to external clients.
- Casuals will be rostered on as and when required to meet client bookings. Hours of work could vary from between 6am to 3am.
Function and Event Technicians are part of the Audio-visual Services team which delivers technology services that enhance the visitor experience in Te Papa and generate commercial revenue in our function venues. This is achieved through strong liaison with Te Papa’s Hospitality and Events teams and the provision of a high quality service delivery.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years providing technical operator support for functions, conferences and high profile events.
- AV and/or IT industry recognised qualifications.
- An in-depth working knowledge of AV-IT systems, installation and operation.
- Demonstrated experience of exceptional problem solving techniques.
- Proven experience of strong communication and negotiation skills at all levels.
All applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Applications due by Tuesday 20th November 2018.