- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Auckland
- Date Advertised: 03-FEB-20
- Job Reference: NZ/31946
- Job Title: High and Complex Needs Specialist – Oranga Tamariki
- Business Unit:
HCN Specialist – Oranga Tamariki
The High and Complex Needs Unit
Based in Auckland
Me mahi tahi tatou.
Working together as one
If “yes” is your answer to these questions, then we have the perfect opportunity for you…
• Are you a child centred practitioner who is motivated to achieve positive outcomes for New Zealand’s most vulnerable children and young people?
• Are you a skilled relationship manager who can facilitate best practice clinical and therapeutic services?
• Do you have a good knowledge and understanding across the sectors of Education, Health and Oranga Tamariki and enjoy working in a collaborative way?
• Do you enjoy travelling and getting out and about in the region you work?
About the role
“It takes a village to raise a child”. The High and Complex Needs Unit works collaboratively with our government partners to create comprehensive plans that work towards achieving positive outcomes for our children and young people.
Close collaboration is at the heart of what the HCN Specialist does. We know that we get better results for children and young people when agencies work closely together to focus on the needs of children.
The HCN Specialist leads the collaboration, facilitation and plan development with the Interagency Team (IAT). This role is “50% people and 50% paper” and requires someone who is highly self-motivated, organised and a great communicator. This role requires considerable written documentation so the ability to write well is essential.
About the team
We are a talented, skilled and fun group of highly motivated professionals who come from a rich and diverse range of professional backgrounds including; psychologists, nurses, behaviour specialists, occupational therapists, social workers, MST Therapists, counsellors and teachers.
Skills and experience
You will need to have strong credibility and relationship management skills which will allow you to engage and influence at all levels. You’ll be a high level communicator capable of working in a fast paced environment; providing best practice advice, plans and reports to stakeholders and the Interagency Management Groups (IMGs).
This is a vital and highly visible position that requires a collaborative approach with practitioners across varied clinical backgrounds. You will need to be a strategic thinker, with the ability to break down the big picture and articulate it to different stakeholder groups. You will need to lead and influence different groups and keep them working towards a common goal; achieving the best outcomes for children and young people with high and complex needs.
• 5+ year’s senior level experience in either health, education or social services
• Understanding of contemporary issues and best practice clinical and therapeutic services
• Experience in mediation and conflict management
• Proven leadership and stakeholder engagement skills
• At least a degree level qualification in a relevant field
If you share our vision; improved outcomes for children and young people with high and complex needs and are looking for something to challenge and stretch you, then apply today!
How to apply
Please apply through the ‘apply button’ and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note all applications must be made online. Current Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work.