negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 07-MAR-20
- Job Reference: NZ/1455621
- Job Title: Implementation and Change Manager – Fixed Term
- Business Unit:
If you’re looking for your “why”, then come and join us at TEC. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training, as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training. We seek to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
We’re looking for an Implementation and Change Manager to join the Reform of Vocational Education (RoVE) programme on a fixed term basis until June 2021. RoVE is the largest transformational change in the education sector in over 30 years, creating a strong, unified, sustainable system for all vocational education, with learners at its centre.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for ensuring that all changes arising from the reform are successfully implemented, handed over and the new system operates in accordance with the outcomes of the reform.
- You will look across all organisations impacted by the reform considering both implementation, impact analysis and management, and people change management.
- Analysing, planning, implementing and evaluating the changes and impacts
- Facilitating a collaborative approach to change across the programme and impacted organisations, and building ownership and capability in change leadership.
- Engaging with people to gain their support, facilitate collaboration, help resolve issues over conflicting interests and negotiate agreements. This must all be accomplished while navigating through a complex multi-department environment.
What will you bring to the role?
- Extensive experience in leading teams and projects teams
- Experience in leading change and knowledge of change processes, ideally across an organisation as well as significant projects.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Demonstrable experience in creating and implementing detailed change management plans including: generating leadership commitment, building project momentum, and project stabilisation.
- Extensive experience in influencing and negotiating with others.
What will you get in return?
- A senior role, providing the opportunity to have a real impact on a significant transformational change for NZ.
- The chance to join a vibrant team who want to make a difference.
- $153 – $180+, depending on relevant experience.
- The TEC offers a range of benefits including flexible working options, additional leave and a wellness programme.
How to apply:
To apply, click the ‘Apply’ button, complete the online application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability.
Applications close on Sunday 22 March 2020.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz.
The TEC is an employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application.