The Research, Analysis and Intelligence (RAI) team leads, manages and oversees Maritime NZ’s intelligence and research programmes, data and analytics and geospatial capability. We are looking for an Intelligence Analyst to support the provision of advice to Maritime NZ’s operational decision makers enable their understanding of the Maritime NZ’s regulatory environment.
As an experienced intelligence professional you will thrive in an environment which encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing, ensuring the team delivers high quality and timely intelligence guidance.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Lead the scope, development and delivery of operational assessment work in order to provide operational teams with insights/context to support evidence based decision making;
· Deliver deep dive scanning across regulatory issues to provide insights into emerging regulatory risk;
· Have autonomy to present intelligence assessment in a manner that suits the client and enables an understanding of how intelligence can support decision making;
· Promote RAI’s engagement with other Maritime NZ teams for the development of an ‘intelligence-driven’ mind-set and continual improvement of Maritime NZ intelligence practice through proactive engagement, customer focus and time spent understanding the customers’ working environment.
What you’ll bring to this role
· A minimum of five years’ analytical experience and relevant intelligence qualifications.
· A proven record of using analytical techniques; and are comfortable with a timely turnaround of product.
· The ability to proactively engage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders who hold subject matter expertise. You will have excellent customer engagement skills, seeking feedback on the quality, suitability and timeliness of intelligence.
· The ability to take a systems view and understand interdependencies.
· A background in regulatory compliance, the transport sector, trade, and/or the maritime industry is not essential, this could be an opportunity to diversify your portfolio.
· Comfortable working in an interdisciplinary team.
At Maritime NZ we value our staff, our success as an organisation is underpinned by our people.
We are committed to building a diverse and motivated workforce. We think Maritime New Zealand is a great place to work and our staff are great people to work with.