negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 25-OCT-19
- Job Reference: NZ/CORR-008
- Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Business Unit:
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Wellington National Office
An exciting permanent opportunity has come up in the Internal Audit team. Working alongside other assurance, integrity and risk professionals, the role provides a real opportunity to support and strengthen the huge breadth of work we do across the Department.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for undertaking a wide range of internal audits including Corrections wide systems, policies and procedure compliance, project monitoring and reviews of emerging risks. The Internal Auditor will also contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of a comprehensive, responsive internal audit function in order to provide assurance to the Chief Executive in respect of their statutory accountabilities.
To be successful in this position you will need to be:
- Able to analyse data, proactively apply critical thinking and make independent evidence-based judgements
- Display a high level of written and oral communication skills and be highly numerate
- Have an understanding of the principles and methodologies of internal auditing, risk management and internal control
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and operate as a genuine partner to the business
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the personal maturity to manage a range of stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to think laterally and make connections to work and emerging issues in across Corrections
- Work well under pressure, be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and deliver services to quality standards.
Additionally, other transferable skills and experience would be desirable (e.g. accounting, risk, investigation etc.) to broaden the skill set of the team, To apply, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter outlining the reason for your interest and how you meet those criteria (above) to be successful in the position.
The salary range for this role is $75,829 – $107,052. Appointment will be based on skills and experience relevant to the role.
Sounds like you? Apply now!