Allocated to a squad, you will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver business outcomes that will delight our customer. Using your experience and skillset to its fullest, you will carry out actions independently and with others to fast track the delivery of quality outcomes and minimise or remove obstacles.
In your role you will help in the delivery of high-quality software products & solutions within our engineering delivery teams, your responsibilities include:
- Building beautiful, elegant, clean and secure software solutions that meet business objectives and create amazing ‘best in class’ customer experiences.
- Following our product development practices in crafting, extending and maintaining our Order Management platforms.
- Keeping current with technology, contributing to improving our engineering practice and train/mentor others.
Experience, Skills and Mindset that we look for:
- Passion for clean and maintainable code
- Java 8 or above experience.
- Experience in Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Significant understanding and experience with Microservices.
- A solid understanding of Scrum, Kanban, Lean and other Agile frameworks and methodologies.
- The ability to communicate deep technical topics to a non-technical audience and translate business requirements into technical designs.
- Communication: An excellent listener and a clear, confident and authoritative speaker.
- A high degree of accountability, ownership and autonomy.
- Taking ownership
- Being resilient
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with other members of the organization.
- A deep understanding of DevOps practices and practical experience preferable in the Integration space.
- A smart, pragmatic and critical thinker and problem solver.
Desirable skills would include:
- Search engine experience, SOLR or Elasticsearch.
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL Databases.
Why work for us:
- We are the first retailer globally to go agile
- We care about one another.
- You will be exposed to latest technologies such as Kafka / ESB / Elasticsearch etc.
- You will have lots of formal and informal learning opportunity.
- We are a fun, collaborative, technical and culturally diverse Chapter.
- You will have lots of opportunity to make a difference, contribute to Strategy, Governance and new ways of working.
- Above that; we offer Staff discount, birthday off, and flexibility.
If you have what it takes to be part of the TWG Family, please apply online. We look forward to receiving your application.