negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Management
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 25-OCT-19
- Job Reference: MBIE/1428241
- Job Title: Manager Group Capability and Workforce Strategy
- Business Unit:
- Senior strategic leadership role across Service Quality within Market Services Group
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington location
- Show your exceptional skills in strategic workforce planning and capability development
This permanent position within Service Quality provides the opportunity to be actively involved in setting the strategy and direction on a range of capability and workforce initiatives for one of New Zealand’s largest regulators.
Interested? Read on.
Reporting to the General Manager Service Quality in the Market Services Group, the leadership role holder is responsible for the leading the strategic workforce planning and capability development of the Market Services Group within MBIE. This role will ensure that the Group’s regulatory workforce is able to meet current and future business needs through strategic workforce planning and organisational design, technical training delivery and support for business change and strategic capability uplifts.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience at a senior level in a strategic capability development role
- Extensive senior level experience in the development and implementation of strategic workforce plans
- Extensive experience in organisational design
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work and facilitate across the business and take others on board as their skills in relation to capability development increase
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of corporate management disciplines and techniques.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of the machinery of government and relevant operating procedures and policies that apply within the state sector.
- Good understanding of organisational and management theory and practice, and experience in change management
- High level of political nous and awareness
- Experience in developing and maintaining an environment focused on continuous improvement to enhance organisational performance.
- A minimum of 10 years in a strategic Human Resources, Business Change or Transformation role and an equivalent degree in Business Management would be desirable
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Matt Guy by email email@example.com.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Matt Guy quoting ref MBIE/1428241 if you have any further questions.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 5 November April 2019