negotiable / month
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Hawkes Bay
- Date Advertised: 24-OCT-19
- Job Reference: NZ/CORR-011
- Job Title: Maori Pathways – Project Manager, Hawkes Bay
- Business Unit:
‘Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi’ – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.’
The Manager Hawkes Bay Pathways is responsible for the overall planning, delivery and implementation of the Hawke’s Bay (HB) Pathway project which aims to give paihere an experience of kaupapa Māori and whānau-centred approaches from pre-sentence to being released into the community.
- Hawkes Bay location – Fixed term Contract until mid 2021
- Salary range – $110,091 to $155,423
- High profile and fast paced project work
About this role
As a tenacious problem solver, you will own issues until fully resolved. With extensive experience in a previous Project Management role, you consider yourself to have an excellent level of business awareness and commercial acumen with the ability to continuously create wow moments with customers. You would pride yourself on your organisational, time management and prioritisation skills and you are not afraid to get stuck in and roll your sleeves up!
- Supporting the co-design of a new pathway in the Hawke’s Bay nga tāne and their whānau both in custody and in the community.
- Taking a human centred design approach to our thinking, ensuring design is done collaboratively
- Uniting those impacted by our system and services, apply the learnings and implement what would work best for them.
- Project management experience required. Our ideal candidate will have outstanding relationship skills and a strong understanding of tikanga.
To be successful in this role, you need to be:
- Passionate about better outcomes for people in the Corrections system;
- Courageous in breaking new ground and prepared to lead and drive the initiative
- Very strong project management skills
- Skilled relationship manager
- provide robust leadership in relation to policy development, service design, business process re-engineering, systems and tool design, implementation and evaluation
- Comfortable in Te Aō Maori environment and applying tikanga values to work processes and outcomes
You will have the following key skills to support your application:
- Experience in project management
- Experience and understanding of Te Ao Māori and understanding of Ara Poutama Aotearoa.
- Extensive experience in project management.
- Significant experience in communicating large scale operational change to a perse workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with Iwi Māori, enhancing relationships at senior levels.
- Extensive working knowledge of a broad range of processes related to iwi and machinery of government.
- Understands and is committed to operational design and delivery which delivers for, and demonstrates sensitivity towards, Māori, Pacific Peoples and other cultures.
- Proven ability to encourage teamwork and co-operation across teams.
- Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to use persuasive, influencing and conflict management skills to resolve critical issues, in high visibility forums.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills delivering communications in plain English and Te Reo Māori which are clear, concise and logical.
- Ability to think and work strategically with excellent attention to detail