40 hours per week including weekends
(Afternoon Shift: 2:30pm – 10pm)
Te Pae Tawhiti Residential Centre located in Dunedin requires a Care Worker. The home is operational 24 hours a day 7 days a week and is staffed continuously. Care Workers are required to work on a rotational roster basis which will involve working shifts and includes working some weekends.
About the role
The purpose is to support tamariki in making good life choices, strengthening family/whānau relationships, and ensuring routines and processes for strengthening positive behaviour are in place and maintained. The tamariki who come to Te Pae Tawhiti require a safe nurturing environment where we can work together to help them make positive change at what is often a critical point in their lives. Their needs can be complex, and so are the journeys that brought them here.
This is a unique opportunity to positively influence the lives of tamariki in your community.
• Be a strong team player and positive role model
• Meet the Vulnerable Children’s Act safety checking and Ministry vetting requirements
• Demonstrate initiative and sound judgement, with an ability to ‘think on your feet’
• Possess personal resilience with an ability to reflect and learn in your practice
• Have experience developing rapport with young people
• Be self-directed in work practices
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and good computer literacy
• Have a full clean driver licence
Please apply through the ‘apply button’ and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system. Please note all applications must be made online. Current Oranga Tamariki employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Roxana Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 7th November 2019 #LI-ORG