negotiable / month
- Job Type: Casual
- Category: Other
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 11-MAR-20
- Job Reference: MFE/1456243
- Job Title: Nominations for panel members to serve on the Waste Minimisation Fund (WMF) assessment panel
- Business Unit:
The Ministry for the Environment- Manatū Mō Te Taiao is currently seeking nominations for panel members to serve on the Waste Minimisation Fund (WMF) assessment panel.
We are looking to appoint panel members for a term of three year beginning in May 2020. Successful panel members are likely to be required to assess funding applications for at least one funding round per year.
Panel members need to be available from late May through June for the assessment of applications for the 2020 round of the WMF. The Panel may also be convened for applications outside the annual round.
Individuals interested in securing a position on the WMF assessment panel are invited to submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae (including the details of two referees) that highlights their skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas.
Essential Skills and Expertise
Applicants should have some or all of the following skills and expertise:
- Expertise in either:
- Resource recovery infrastructure planning and investment; and/or
- Tikanga Maori perspectives; and/or
- Community based waste minimisation initiatives; and/or
- Expertise or knowledge of the plastics industry across whole of life including specific knowledge or background in some or all of the following:
- Research and development, product design and material science
- Commercialisation of innovation
- Packaging industry
- Recycling including knowledge of current and emerging technology and markets
- Technical waste expertise.
- Understanding of waste policy across all spheres of Government
Ideally, candidates will also have expertise relating to one or more of the following:
- Experience with community projects
- Local government knowledge
- Legal and finance experience
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership through board or committee experience
About the WMF Assessment Panel
- The purpose of the WMF Assessment Panel (the Panel) is to provide an assessment of applications requesting funds from the WMF and to provide recommendations to the Minister for the Environment on which projects should receive funding
- Under the Waste Minimisation Act 2008, the Minister for the Environment is responsible for approving WMF funding. The Minister for the Environment currently delegates decision making power to the Associate Minister for the Environment
- Panel members will be paid for their time according to the Cabinet Fees Framework for members appointed to bodies in which the Crown has an interest
- time spent reading and evaluating applications (number of days/hours will vary depending on number of applications received)
- attendance at a one day panel induction meeting in Wellington
- attendance at an (up to) three day panel deliberation meeting in Wellington
- all travel, accommodation (where applicable) and expenses while in Wellington (where applicable) will be arranged by the Ministry
- The Terms of Reference for the WMF Assessment Panel is attached for your information.
How to apply
Please click on the apply button below. For enquiries about the position, you can contact Linda MacManus (firstname.lastname@example.org, 022 517 0109). Applications close 12.00 noon Thursday, 2 April 2020. Shortlisting will take place in April.