negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 01-NOV-18
- Job Reference: NZ/690
- Job Title: Operational Policy Team Manager
- Business Unit:
ACC’s vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury: Improving lives every day.
The Policy Manager role is responsible for operational policy practice including, leading the design and delivery of a governance policy framework, partnering with key stakeholders across ACC to influence the quality and consistency of front-line decision making. You will also be responsible for providing subject matter expertise for the Technical Services function and to the wider ACC, around the application of operation policy.
What will you be doing?
- Ownership and development of an operational policy framework to enable the implementation of policy responses to case law, legislation change and organisational priorities
- Active management of operational policy to maximise opportunity and minimise risk for ACC
- Development and leadership of cross-organisational forums to ensure robust and reasoned decision making within our unit and across the front-line teams and wider business
- Leading and guiding the team of Policy Advisor’s to develop and implement operational policy
- Identifying technical capability gaps and creating feedback loops to improve the quality and consistency of decision making of the wider team
- Working collaboratively to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships at a senior level across ACC
- Leading an operational policy contribution to ACC transformation projects
What can you bring to the role?
As a minimum, you will need a comprehensive understanding of operational policy and have worked successfully in a large complex environment, along with the following:
- Strong strategic planning, business judgement and decision making abilities
- Highly effective communication, influencing and relationship management skills
- Excellent report writing, power point and presentation skills
- Resilience, and adaptability in a changing environment
- An understanding of and exposure to public sector policy development
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience identifying, developing tools, resources and guides and presenting case studies
- If you have working knowledge or experience with interpretation of ACC legislation and policy this would be advantageous
What will you get in return?
- Annual salary between $94K- $110k, depending on experience, plus 9% superannuation
- Work in a like-minded team and unit with a very collaborative approach
- Opportunities for career growth and progression
- You will be a key part of the business unit and can influence organizational direction within the policy space
At ACC, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility are important to our business. We embrace the unique perspectives and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we work – benefiting individual employees and all our clients across New Zealand.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday, 14 November 2018.
Applications will only be accepted when formally submitted through our ACC Career Website.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Nadine O’Donnell, Talent and Acquisition Consultant for ACC – nadine.o’firstname.lastname@example.org