- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Canterbury
- Date Advertised: 23-OCT-19
- Job Reference: NZ/DF1910066
- Job Title: Outdoor Instructor and Facilitator
- Business Unit:
What you will do
You will be working as part of a small, high performing and supportive team of predominantly civilian (non uniformed) NZDF employees, facilitating leadership programmes designed to enhance and develop the skills of our talented NZDF leaders.
The role consists of the following main tasks:
- Planning, management and ongoing development of courses;
- Delivery of technical outdoor instruction and safety management relevant to your qualifications;
- Facilitation of leadership development;
- Delivery of personality profiling tools and feedback models (training provided);
- Currency training and professional development relevant to skill sets.
Although this position is based at Burnham Military Camp, most courses and a large portion of staff training is conducted outside of the Canterbury area. This requires instructors to travel regularly and spend periods of six to ten days away. What we need
We require a highly experienced, qualified outdoor instructor and facilitator.
The activities used by the New Zealand Army Leadership Centre (NZALC) to achieve leadership outcomes are:
- Rock Climbing;
- Alpine Ski Touring;
- White Water Kayaking;
- Sea Kayaking;
- Adventure Racing.
A Class one driver’s license is essential along with a relevant first aid qualification.
You’ll have a positive can-do attitude and the ability to build rapport quickly with a variety of people.
Who we are
The NZALC aims to enhance leadership and maintain the warrior ethos of NZ Army leaders.
The Experiential Leadership Development Activities (ELDA) Wing is responsible for the design and delivery of Experiential Leadership Development Activities to enhance and develop the skills of our talented NZDF leaders.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering an attractive remuneration package in the range of $73,642 to $90,969; full equipment supplied relevant to qualification along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Free onsite parking and free gym;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Opportunities for career development.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply Online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page.
Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Wednesday 13 November 2019.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.