If you’re looking for your “why”, then come and join us at TEC. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training.
It’s an exciting time to be working at TEC as we expand our role from an investor in tertiary education, to one that also seeks to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 70+. We are developing tools and information to help all New Zealanders navigate a path of lifelong learning for fulfilling careers and successful lives.
The Business and Partnerships team is the key lead relationship between stakeholders and the TEC and an exemplar of the relationship management role. Through their portfolios, the team work collaboratively internally and externally to ensure that learners gain maximum benefit from our products and services, supporting them to perform effectively by providing key information and understanding and delivering to their needs.
We are looking for an experienced stakeholder manager who can develop high trust and productive relationships, with the ability to initiate individualised engagement plans, aligned to organisational strategy.
What will you be doing?
• You will be identifying, designing and developing successful strategic partnerships.
• You will work with individuals, business and industry bodies, cross agency working groups, Iwi, Pacific communities and other government agencies, building strong relationships, getting to know their challenges, and supporting them to think through solutions and opportunities.
• You will bring together and form partnerships and forums to provide input to and deliver on TEC’s strategic initiatives.
What will you bring to the role?
• Proven partnership/relationship management experience.
• Experience working with business partners to collaboratively deliver upon engagement plans to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strategic thinking skills, including the ability to align knowledge to system change.
• Extensive experience and ability to demonstrate curiosity and critical thinking to identify areas of risk and opportunity.
• Extensive experience negotiating with other parties within specified parameters and frameworks and understanding potential constraints.
• Experience in or the ability to demonstrate cultural intelligence and to operate effectively in diverse cultural contexts.
What will you get in return?
• An opportunity to work within a vibrant, professional and friendly team who truly believe they can make a difference.
• A values driven and collaborative culture.
• $118k – $139+, depending on relevant experience.
• The TEC offers a range of benefits including additional annual and sick leave, flexible working options and a wellness programme.
Applications close on 23 February 2020. If this sounds of interest, please apply now. As part of the application process for this role, your application is to include your covering letter and C.V. along with a short YouTube video of yourself answering the following questions,
• What’s your story? Tell me about you.
• What excites you about this role and what three things do you feel someone needs to exceed in it?
• What is your ideal work environment?
The video is to be 3 minutes max in duration. Use the option ‘unlisted’ when creating your YouTube video. As part of your application please provide the link to your video along with your covering letter and C.V. The information will only be used for recruitment purposes and will not be held after the recruitment process has been completed.
How to apply:
To apply, click the ‘Apply’ button, complete the online application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability.
Applications close 23 February 2020. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz.
Please note you must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency to be considered for this role.
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand, therefore, we look forward to your application.