- Job Type:
- Category: Finance and Accounting
- Location: Wellington (Te Whanga-nui-a-Tara)
- Date Advertised: 04-FEB-20
- Job Reference: APA/1446558
- Job Title: Performance Analyst
- Business Unit:
- Varied and interesting role
- Permanent full-time role
- National Office Wellington – Finance
We are looking for a Performance Analyst with strong data analysis, performance management and reporting skills to join our Finance team.
As a Performance Analyst you will be responsible for the production, analysis and reporting of performance indicators to enable the business to understand its operational performance. This role supports the Business Partners and the wider Finance Team through the provision of integrated performance reporting against agreed performance indicators to support decision making.
Key accountability areas include:
- Interpret performance indicator trends into meaningful business performance information that is integrated with financial analysis to support decision making.
- Lead and manage the development of non-financial data collection and reporting processes to ensure a high level of data integrity and continuous business improvement.
- Collaboratively liaise with stakeholders to establish appropriate reporting mechanisms for new business activities.
- Contribute to the design and development of integrated operational performance reporting that meets business needs.
- Support key systems developments to improve the timeliness and quality of non-financial data and performance indicators.
- Provide input into the Department’s external accountability documents for the annual budget process, the Minister and the Annual report as and when required.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Proven experience extracting, managing and interpreting complex datasets
- Knowledge and practical experience of performance information systems and the design and development of operational performance reporting.
- Highly developed analytical skills and experience in diagnosing complex issues quickly and accurately.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an understanding of key business drivers and operational implication.
- Excellent attention to detail with a quality assurance focus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to present complex information to a range of audiences.
- Experience which demonstrates sound judgement and a high level of self-motivation and initiative to set and achieve goals.
- Proven experience in dealing with uncertainty/ambiguity.
- Excellent relationship management skills and demonstrated success in working across business groups in a collaborative manner.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure, to deadlines and deliver quality products.
- Ability to act at all times in a manner that demonstrates high personal and professional standards.
The salary range for this role is $82,160 to $115,990. Appointment will be based on skills and experience relevant to the role.
This role presents a great opportunity to join a large and diverse government organisation. If you would like further information, please contact Daniza Galinovic at email@example.com or APPLY NOW by 16 February 2020! We’d love to hear from you!
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us by Iwi and conveys the responsibility we have to support and guide those in our care to reach their potential. Our strategy, Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5), provides a clear direction of travel – one that builds on the good things that are already happening, and, most importantly, how we can innovate to find new ways of doing things to achieve better outcomes for Māori, whānau and communities.
It is an exciting time and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site. If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org