negotiable / month
- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Category: Other
- Location: Wellington
- Date Advertised: 26-JAN-21
- Job Reference: MBIE/1506322
- Job Title: Pou Whakatairanga/Director Maori Service Delivery
- Business Unit:
- Newly established leadership role
- Show your exceptional strategic and advisory skills in Service Delivery
- Use your trusted relationships and strong influencing skills to build partnership with Māori to achieve collective economic, employment and wellbeing aspirations
- Permanent position, Wellington CBD based
About the role
The Pou Whakatairanga/Director Maori reports to the General Manager in the Engagement and Experience branch, which is part of the Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery group.
The position will support General Managers across our branches to ensure MBIE is well positioned to deliver on the Crown’s responsibilities under te Tiriti o Waitangi / Treaty of Waitangi in all of our regulatory systems.
This will include:
- Guiding our teams in how our services, interactions, and messaging are developed so that they meet the needs of Māori.
- Leading the development of MBIE’s strategic alliances with Māori across our systems.
- Leading initiatives to enhance Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery’s capability to deliver on its responsibilities under Te Tiriti o Waitangi / the Treaty of Waitangi.
Skills and experience required:
- Expert understanding of Crown responsibilities under te Tiriti o Waitangi / Treaty of Waitangi, and the aspirations and needs of Māori
- Excellent understanding of Crown aspirations for building strategic alliances with Māori
- In depth knowledge and understanding of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
- Well connected, credible and influential within te ao Māori and Government
- Understands the strategic context, current policy agenda and priorities, and is able to see policy issues in the wider context and apply foresight and judgement
- Is a smart operator, working effectively to influence within a large organisation with responsibility for a broad range of regulatory systems.
- Experience of working within Māori communities, iwi, hapū and key Māori organisations
- Experience working in a policy and service delivery agency
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE’s purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. Email email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1506322 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 9th Febuary 2021.